Sunday, July 22, 2012

God's provision - Shoes, luggage, and abundant generosity

God provides.  Don't get anxious or worried.  Trust Him!! God provides.
This has been the theme in my life lately as I have been preparing to leave for Bogota.  I wanted to share with you a few "God Stories" about how he has been teaching me to trust Him, and how He always provides...even in the smallest of details :-)

Shoes:  As I was starting to gather what I wanted to bring to Bogota, I noticed something about a pair of my shoes that I LOVE to wear.  I really LOVE to wear them, and it showed :-)  The sole on the bottom was starting to come off, the heel looked like it had been chewed on, and there were scuff marks everywhere.  Since I love these shoes, I was able to overlook their faults...but not for long :-)  As I went shopping, something seemed to keep me from buying a new pair of shoes.  I have been praying that the Lord would guide me in how I spend my money.  And it seemed that for the moment, new shoes may not be in the picture.  So, I packed the old shoes...

A few days ago, I found out my friends were selling a ton of designer shoes for a reasonable price...oh, and also in my size!!  I decided to e-mail them about possibly purchasing a pair of shoes from them.  They responded with offering me a pair or two for free :-)  Praise the Lord!!!  I am so glad that I waited on God's timing, and that my friends were given the opportunity to come on board as ministry partners and help me in this way :-)  Even down to a little detail like a brown pair of shoes, God cares! God provides :-)

Luggage and abundant generosity:  Packing is so hard!!  Trying to get everything into suitcases (while dealing with a weight limit) when you are moving to Bogota is like piecing together a puzzle or playing Tetris :-)  After gathering everything I wanted to take, it seemed impossible that I would be able to fit it all into two checked baggages.  Luggage fees for the third bag are very high, and I wasn't sure how I was going to get all of my things to Bogota.  I lifted the luggage situation up to the Lord in prayer and asked that He would provide for me to take the third bag.  Within these last couple of days, the Lord has sent money from a few different places...all with people saying that they wanted to help with the cost of my luggage!!  What a wonderful and surprising gift from my colleagues at Winston Elementary, my little sister, and my church family. 

"He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" Romans 8:32

Praise God that he not only gives us the little things (like shoes and luggage fees), but also the most important gift that we will ever need...love and forgiveness through his Son, Jesus :-)  So, thank you to all of my supporters!!  God is continually using you to help me as I begin my ministry at El Camino :-)  May God bless you abundantly for your generous hearts to furthering His Kingdom.


Prayer Requests:
For safe travels and arrival in Bogota tomorrow, July 23rd!!
Prayer/FinancialSupport
God would bless my 1st year of teaching
Lean on God’s comfort/presence as I leave my family and friends.
God would continually fill me with His love for my students and the people of Colombia.
Remain persistent and passionate in prayer over the ministry God has called me to –dependence on His grace and strength, not my own


I had such a wonderful, and emotional, last time of worhipping at the Orchard Evangelical Free Church this morning.  Love my church family!!!  I will miss you all, and you will be in my heart as I take-off for Bogota bright and early tomorrow morning :-)

Ciao, for now!!
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment