Thursday, May 14, 2015

Celebrate Colombia!!

One of my favorite days during the school year, ECA takes the time to celebrate Colombia and the heritage and history of their country.  Each class learns dances or tells stories about the history of their country.  I love how much cultural background they have.  The dances, costumes, and decorations are such a beautiful way to help our students fall in love with Colombia.  Below are a few dances or skits that the classes performed.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!!

11th Grade - Joropo

2nd Grade - This is Colombia!


4th Grade - Danza de Oro (Dance of Gold)
  


12th Grade


PK - Cumbia


1st Grade - Mapale


7th Grade


3rd Grade Skit



All of the students did so well and prepared so hard for this day.  I am so proud of all of them!!!!

Prayers/Praises:
Please pray for my transition back to the USA.  I am finding it hard to balance finishing life here in Colombia well while also needing to think about the future.  It is pulling me in many different directions with many emotions that come along with it.  May I truly trust and depend on Jesus at this time :-0

For my students - that they would love and be kind to one another and realize that their "joking" is actually really hurting some of their friends.  One student expressed to me that they have been praying to God about friendships (which are really difficult for this student) and that they feel like God is not listening or wants to help.  I was able to pray with him, but please join me in encouraging and lifting up this student in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment