Saturday, April 25, 2015

Hands and Feet of Christ

Serving at Acoinprev

We had the privilege of inviting our friends from Acoinprev to visit our school recently.  After visiting them at their school back in October, my students were excited to love their new friends and be able to show them their school.  We had such a fun morning of playing games in English, making an Art Project (which my kids had already made, so they had to be the teachers!), playing soccer, and sharing our school library with them.

After we had fun playing and becoming better friends, we all came together and shared a snack.  Each student from ECA brought in snacks to share.  They were so excited to share food with their new friends who are from a poorer area of Bogota.  We ended our fun morning with singing a worship song and then telling them about Jesus.  One of our parents shared a story comparing the return of the Colombia National Soccer Team last summer after the World Cup with Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem during Easter.  The students listened and learned all about who Jesus is and all about the special way we should welcome Him into our hearts.

After our friends left, my 3rd Graders wrote reflections and shared with each other about their experiences that morning.  Below, I have put some pictures of our morning and some of the thoughts from my 3rd Graders.  Enjoy!


"I help a friend named Sofia.  I help her in art.  She nows (knows) how to spell strawberry because I help her.  I serve a girl named Daniel.  She say thank you because I hand her my snack and show her friendship."

"This morning I felt good because I knew that it was going to be fun to serve them.  I pray that they would believe always in Jesus, remember that he is our Savior and more things."


"I'm going to pray for a new bathroom in Acoinprev.  I take 2 girls to the bathroom and they were like look how the toilets flush!!"

"I felt like they were an unreached people.  We did very well by giving them snacks, and love, and friendship, too!"

"So you can pray for them so God can go in their heart and so they can be more close to you and get you in their heart, God."


"It was awesome to serve.  I like to serve!"

"Good because we share with them and tried to be friends with them.  So we didn't feel sad because they or us didn't like each other.  I serve them by helping them in art.  Something surprising was that a kid plays good soccer!"


"Me and my friend were doing a lot of stuff together like doing the art stuff and doing the english games.  My favorite part was going outside and playing soccer.  What surprised me was that a girl of Acoinprev didn't recognize me when I was with her last time always."


"It felt really good serving them because we showing God's will and how God serves us and how we can serve them."

"My favorite part was in art.  It was the only time I got to communicate a little with Acoinprev kids.  I wonder if they ever bring snack to school?  It felt good to share our snacks and school with them."
.

"We are making pencil toppers and a girl named Laura asked me how to put it.  I was so surprise because she was the first one to ask me a question.  I want to pray for them.  Please help them know about more Jesus and God and please they can be good and don't hurt!"


"It was really cool when we play something of "Headbanz" and they didn't know how to play.  I got to help teach them.  They already know a lot of words in inglish like "bathroom" and "trash can".  I felt really good because they learn more about God and how to compare God and another person."
.

"The thing that surprise me is that a girl of Acoinprev played a lot of soccer.  It was cool!  Well, first I felt good when I shared a snack and it felt a lot more funner that I thought."

Prayers and Praises:
Please pray for hearts of my students - that they would realize how their teasing is actually hurting their friends.  Also, for any student that is feeling left out, rejected, or bullied - that they would have power and strength in Jesus to listen to who Jesus says they are over what they are feeling from their friends comments.

For my transitioning back to the USA in June - it will be really difficult to leave this wonderful community and ministry.  Please pray for faith and trust in God to surrender to Him all of the emotions and feelings I will experience during this time.

Blessings,
Carrie


No comments:

Post a Comment