Sunday, October 21, 2012

Singing Praises and Exploring God's Wonderful Creation!

Exploring God's Wonderful Creation
1. Visit to Parque Nacional Chicaque with the McCollum's - Colombia requires a mandatory break from school each semester.  So, I took this time to go visit a beautiful national park here in Bogota called Chicaque.  I spent the day hiking up and down the Andes Mountains with Bob, Vicki, Kaitie, and Melissa McCollum.  Another family from ECA also joined us and I was able to learn all about the indigenous trails we were walking on from the father.  It was neat to be out in God's creation and think about the people who used these trails to escape to the nearby town back in the 1600's.  I felt like I was walking in the Rainforest, especially when it started to downpour on us.  My legs felt like jello as we were hiking back up to the car - and it felt so good to collapse next to Kaitie and Melissa as I reached the top of the steps.  Praise God for being able to explore and see his beautiful creation!




2. Camping with CDC - Camping...in Colombia???  My Colombian friends from church decided to go camping for one night.  We left right after church and it immediately started raining!  Anyone who knows my family knows that whenever we go camping - it is 100% guaranteed to rain :-)  We hiked to our camping place (which is not easy to do when you live in the mountains!!)  The rain let up and I had a wonderful time getting to know my Colombian friends more.  Having to talk Spanish for two days was actually really fun!  I also got to teach my new friends an American jump rope game called "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear".


Here is a picture of my lovely tent-roomies for the night!  My teaching friends, Megan and Allie, and I were joined by two of our Colombian friends, Paula and her sister.  We had so much fun snuggling up at night to fit all of our sleeping bags.  To keep the rain out, we put an extra blue tarp over the top of our tent :-)  



Always ready with our umbrellas!!!  This is my friend Mayra and I as we finished setting up the tents.  What a sweetheart she is!!  We all had a lot of fun playing, dancing, and singing in the rain :-)



"Let the word of Christ 1 dwell in you richly, teaching and exhorting one another with all wisdom, singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, all with grace 2 in your hearts to God".  Colossians 3:16

Singing Praises
1. Leading Worship for Elementary ChapelHere is video of our Elementary Chapel Time.  I taught the 1st-4th graders a song about Integrity that I learned from my home church, the Orchard.  I LOVE that my students in Colombia and kids back home in Chicago are both singing the same praise songs to Jesus :-)  

                                                            God Looks on the Heart
                                              I will be real like Jesus!  I will be set apart! 
                                     While other looks on the outside, God looks on the Heart!

                               Where I live, the clothes I wear?  How I look, the color of my hair?  
                                                  All these things no longer matter most to me!



2. Surprise Praise Song - As I was reading my student's writing journals, I came across a sweet song that one of my students wrote to God.  My eyes were teary as I read this.  What a blessing  and opportunity God gave me to see the heart of one of my students.  How precious and sweet to see the Lord working in her heart!

"I feel like it was god praying for me and helping me. So, the God I have in my heart is SO BIG!!  Praise Him, Praise Him, Praise Him!!!!!!"



Prayers/Praises:
Please pray for me and the 3rd Grade families - we are having heart issues of how to be good friends and bullying.  May God give me guidance on how to minister to these hurting families and students.  I love them so much!!!

For growing relationships with all of my students - that I would be able to connect well to each and every one of them!  There is one that God has laid on my heart to connect with more :-)

Please pray that my heart would be guarded from attacks on my abilities in ministry - that the Lord would remind me of his promises and his purpose for me being here this week!!

Te quiero mucho!!!
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment